|Published:||Oct 07, 2012 11:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2012 11:37 AM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - A boating accident that separated an owner from her dog in the Florida Keys this weekend now has a happy ending.
A small boat hit a bridge piling near mile marker 60 on Saturday. Monroe County Sheriff's officials said the driver of the boat and her dog were both thrown from the water. Other people onboard the boat suffered minor injuries.
The woman was rescued but the dog, a yellow lab, was missing.
Employees from nearby Sundance Watersports jumped on wave runners and went searching for the dog and eventually brought him to shore and reunited him with his owner.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption