|Published:||Oct 07, 2012 11:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2012 11:37 AM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - A boating accident that separated an owner from her dog in the Florida Keys this weekend now has a happy ending.
A small boat hit a bridge piling near mile marker 60 on Saturday. Monroe County Sheriff's officials said the driver of the boat and her dog were both thrown from the water. Other people onboard the boat suffered minor injuries.
The woman was rescued but the dog, a yellow lab, was missing.
Employees from nearby Sundance Watersports jumped on wave runners and went searching for the dog and eventually brought him to shore and reunited him with his owner.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Accuser in Winston case releases brief statement
- Cape Coral FD investigates meth lab found in the woods
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti