|Published:||Oct 06, 2012 12:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2012 12:56 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - An 11-year-old southwest Florida boy remains in critical condition after being struck by lightning at football practice.
Jesse Watlington was struck by lightning during practice Wednesday at Southwest Florida Christian Academy.
Chuck Watlington said his son is showing no voluntary or involuntary responses to stimuli.
McGregor Baptist Church is coordinating a special fund to help the family with medical expenses
The News-Press reports all extracurricular activities at the school have been canceled through the weekend. School officials want to make sure students are psychologically prepared when they return to the field where Watlington was struck.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh, no one hurt