|Published:||Oct 05, 2012 2:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 2:09 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Environmental Deputy arrested a Venice man Friday morning for illegally dumping 320 cubic feet of trash on a vacant lot last month in Northwest Port Charlotte. Keith Eric Adams, 20, of 229 Lorraine Avenue, was arrested for felony violation of the Litter Law.
On Sep. 17 the deputy on patrol observed the illegal dumping of yard waste, trash, and a swimming pool solar blanket, along the roadside in front of 1221 Madeira Street. The deputy found a piece of mail addressed to a home in the 5200 block of Early Terraceand drove the house. It was obvious that the bushes in the front had been recently trimmed and there was a swimming pool on the property. The home was unoccupied but there was a realtor’s sign in the front yard.
The realtor finally called the deputy Tuesday saying she’d been out of the country. She said she hired handyman Eric Adams to clean up the property in early September. She said she was present when Adams completed the work and he told her he was going to take it to the dump.
The environmental deputy contacted Adams and he agreed to meet Friday morning at the site where he dumped the trash. They met and Adams was arrested and taken to the Charlotte County Jail; bond was set at $2,500. If anyone has information about illegal dumping, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers