|Published:||Oct 05, 2012 2:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 2:09 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Environmental Deputy arrested a Venice man Friday morning for illegally dumping 320 cubic feet of trash on a vacant lot last month in Northwest Port Charlotte. Keith Eric Adams, 20, of 229 Lorraine Avenue, was arrested for felony violation of the Litter Law.
On Sep. 17 the deputy on patrol observed the illegal dumping of yard waste, trash, and a swimming pool solar blanket, along the roadside in front of 1221 Madeira Street. The deputy found a piece of mail addressed to a home in the 5200 block of Early Terraceand drove the house. It was obvious that the bushes in the front had been recently trimmed and there was a swimming pool on the property. The home was unoccupied but there was a realtor’s sign in the front yard.
The realtor finally called the deputy Tuesday saying she’d been out of the country. She said she hired handyman Eric Adams to clean up the property in early September. She said she was present when Adams completed the work and he told her he was going to take it to the dump.
The environmental deputy contacted Adams and he agreed to meet Friday morning at the site where he dumped the trash. They met and Adams was arrested and taken to the Charlotte County Jail; bond was set at $2,500. If anyone has information about illegal dumping, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys