|Published:||Oct 05, 2012 6:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 6:38 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- It is not unusual to see 'opening soon' signs throughout Collier County this time of year, as the snowbirds get ready to head south.
At least half a dozen restaurants are set to open in the next few months.
One of those restaurants is The Chapel Grill, located near downtown Naples in the former First Baptist Church.
Owner Steven Fleischer is busy gearing up for the November 2 opening. He says he thought the best use for the historic building, would be a restaurant.
"I think most people would try to open during this time of year because it gets you prepared for season," he says. He hopes the unique atmosphere will help draw in customers. "The beauty of this restaurant is we're not on 5th, we're not on 3rd, we're not in Mercato. We're standing in a unique building, at a unique time, with unique parking and an elegant entrance way."
He is trying to keep a lot of the old church feel, while making it affordable, but elegant dining.
The Basin off Vanderbilt Beach Road is another new restaurant, set to open in the next few weeks.
And just down the road, Capers Kitchen and Bar will serve customers starting October 29.
Owner Garry Anderson says, "we wanted to open up for the season obviously to take advantage of the cash flow." It's in the old Sam Snead's location.
He says he hopes to make it a draw for locals, as well as seasonal visitors. "We're really building this business for locals, we're gonna offer 10% discounts for anyone who shows a Collier County license. We want to make this a home for the locals, North Naples was targeted because there are 3 high schools here, we think there is a strong demographic year round, so that's what we're building."
They'll serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and also have a gluten free menu.
With new restaurants comes new jobs.
Both restaurants are still hiring.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.