|Published:||Oct 05, 2012 11:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 4:15 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police are searching for the suspect who stole from Ace Hardware on Wednesday and then dragged an employee with his pickup truck while fleeing the scene.
An employee jumped into the bed of the suspect's truck to retrieve the stolen merchandise, when the driver quickly accelerated, leaving the employee hanging onto the tailgate as the vehicle sped off.
The suspect stole two Stihl chainsaws (a combined value of nearly $800).
The employee described the suspect as being in his early 30's with a medium build and light brown hair. He was wearing a baseball cap, black t-shirt and blue jeans at the time of the theft.
Two other men were also in the truck.
The employee described the getaway vehicle as being a gold or tan, early to mid-90s, Chevy 1500 series pickup truck. The truck had black trim and a black bed liner.
The employee jumped into the open bed of the truck, where the stolen chainsaws were located, before the suspects sped off. The employee dropped the tools, rolled backward and out of the truck, where he grabbed onto the closed tailgate. He was dragged along the street until the truck slowed and he let go. He sustained minor road rash from the incident.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death