|Published:||Oct 05, 2012 11:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 4:15 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police are searching for the suspect who stole from Ace Hardware on Wednesday and then dragged an employee with his pickup truck while fleeing the scene.
An employee jumped into the bed of the suspect's truck to retrieve the stolen merchandise, when the driver quickly accelerated, leaving the employee hanging onto the tailgate as the vehicle sped off.
The suspect stole two Stihl chainsaws (a combined value of nearly $800).
The employee described the suspect as being in his early 30's with a medium build and light brown hair. He was wearing a baseball cap, black t-shirt and blue jeans at the time of the theft.
Two other men were also in the truck.
The employee described the getaway vehicle as being a gold or tan, early to mid-90s, Chevy 1500 series pickup truck. The truck had black trim and a black bed liner.
The employee jumped into the open bed of the truck, where the stolen chainsaws were located, before the suspects sped off. The employee dropped the tools, rolled backward and out of the truck, where he grabbed onto the closed tailgate. He was dragged along the street until the truck slowed and he let go. He sustained minor road rash from the incident.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified