|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- On Thursday at 9:15 a.m. the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from a third party claiming a female and her child were being held against their will by the child’s father on Sunshine Drive in Bonita Springs.
Deputies responded to the scene and were eventually able to convince the man to allow the child and her mother to leave the home but were unable to convince him to come out and speak with them. The investigation revealed Isom and the child’s mother had been in an argument over finances when the argument turned physical. The child’s mother left at one point, but when she returned to take the child he would not allow either of them to leave.
Deputies were unable to confirm whether or not Isom had any weapons, but due to his past violent criminal history the Hostage Negotiation Team and Special Operations Unit responded to the scene to ensure safety in the neighborhood and to bring the incident to a peaceful resolution.
At 12:39 p.m. deputies were able to enter the home at which time 26-year-old Shawn Isom, of 10107 Sunshine Drive, was taken into custody for Domestic Violence Battery, Obstruction of Justice and False Imprisonment.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained