|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 10:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 10:21 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The FBI is investigating whether there are other alleged victims of a civilian protocol officer for U.S. Central Command who was charged with using the Internet to entice a teen from Seminole County to meet him for sex.
In a federal complaint, a teen told investigators he traveled with 49-year-old Stephen Governale on two occasions and engaged in sexual acts with him. Governale was arrested Sept. 26.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/T58vs0) reports that the FBI says Governale abused his position of trust.They're now investigating Governale's associations with the Civil Air Patrol, his contacts with the cadets and whether there are other victims.
Investigators say they found "many, many" sexually explicit text conversations with young men on Governale's cell phone.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers