|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Palm Beach County deputy fatally shot a teen after responding to a domestic disturbance.
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says the deputy killed 18-year-old Michael Camberdella Thursday morning in a gated community near Boynton Beach.
The sheriff says his office responded after several neighbors called to report the teen was attacking his mother. Authorities say the teen, who was armed with a hammer and hedge sheers, ignored repeated commands by the deputy to drop the tools. The deputy reportedly fired after the teen lunged at him.
A family member said Camberdella had a history of mental problems.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption