|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 10:26 AM EDT|
LANTANA, Fla. (AP) - A Broward County Sheriff's deputy was struck by a car when he stopped along Interstate 95 to help a motorist who had been involved in a crash.
Sheriff's officials say the crash happened early Thursday near Lantana in Palm Beach County. They say the deputy was heading to work in Broward County when he got out of his car to assist with the crash in the southbound lanes of I-95.
Palm Beach Fire Rescue officials notified the Broward Sheriff's Office about the crash. The deputy was airlifted to a hospital.
Broward Sheriff's officials say the deputy was alert and talking.
The deputy's name wasn't released. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption