|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
BOGUE, N.C. (AP) - A Carteret County girl who was the focus of an Amber Alert last month is home with her father.
Robert Lefevers says his daughter is doing well after going to Florida with a registered sex offender.
He did not make Abigaile available to reporters Wednesday, her first full day back in North Carolina. He said it was emotional and overwhelming to be able to hug and kiss his daughter.
Robert Lefevers says his daughter appears to be happy.
He says they plan to go to school this week to talk with counselors about getting her back into class next week.
Timothy Newman was arrested in Broward County, Fla., last week and is awaiting extradition to North Carolina.
An Amber Alert was issued for the girl Sept. 24 after she disappeared.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks