|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
BOGUE, N.C. (AP) - A Carteret County girl who was the focus of an Amber Alert last month is home with her father.
Robert Lefevers says his daughter is doing well after going to Florida with a registered sex offender.
He did not make Abigaile available to reporters Wednesday, her first full day back in North Carolina. He said it was emotional and overwhelming to be able to hug and kiss his daughter.
Robert Lefevers says his daughter appears to be happy.
He says they plan to go to school this week to talk with counselors about getting her back into class next week.
Timothy Newman was arrested in Broward County, Fla., last week and is awaiting extradition to North Carolina.
An Amber Alert was issued for the girl Sept. 24 after she disappeared.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school