|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 3:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 3:58 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested a North Port man for growing marijuana in his home.
Detectives with the Sheriff’s Office South County Narcotics Task Force, which includes members of the Venice Police Department and North Port Police Department, executed a search warrant at 2595 Snowflake Lane around 8:30 Thursday morning.
Twenty-seven marijuana plants were found in one of the bedrooms along with equipment used to grow cannabis indoors. The plants, weighing more than 57 pounds, had just been harvested and hung to dry which is the last stage before processing for sale.
Julio Guevara, 44, is charged with Cultivation of Cannabis, Trafficking in Cannabis and Ownership, Lease or Rental of a Structure for Trafficking a Controlled Substance.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales