|Published:||Oct 03, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.--Lee County deputies arrested a Cape Coral man accused of murdering a police officer 16-years ago.
Authorities said 36-year-old Scott Sica shot and killed Sgt. Greg Martin during a traffic stop in 1996. Sica had a warrant out of North Carolina and was arrested at his home, on the two-thousand block of Ottersrest Lane in Cape Coral, Wednesday night.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office worked with North Carolina for several months to close this case.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes