|Published:||Oct 03, 2012 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2012 5:48 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The school bus driver, who was saved by a young boy after he suffered a medical emergency, has been ticketed.
Robert Kelly said he was given a ticket for careless driving by FHP.
Jackson Bonar was the last student on the bus when Kelly collapsed at the wheel.
Bonar rushed to the wheel and pressed the brake, saving the bus from crashing into a tree.
Kelly tells WINK News the report says he was unconscious at the time of the accident, and that he will be fighting the ticket.
FHP says they will request that the citation be dismissed. They say it wasn't originally clear that a medical emergency occurred, but now they are trying to dismiss it.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold