|Published:||Oct 03, 2012 11:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2012 3:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A 41-year-old Lehigh Acres man was sentenced to 84 months in federal prison for possessing child pornography.
The Court also ordered Eugene Robert Otting to serve a 15-year term of supervised release, upon the completion of his prison term, and to register as a sex offender. Additionally he has to forfeit his Dell Laptop, Metro PCS cellular phone and a Hitachi hard disk drive, which were used to commit the offense.
Otting pleaded guilty on June 26, 2012.
According to court documents, Otting used the Internet to locate and download child pornography. On April 19, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents executed a search warrant at Otting’s residence, in Lee County. During the interview with HSI agents, Otting admitted to using peer-to-peer file sharing programs to access child pornography over the Internet and to creating Facebook accounts and an email account for the purposes of sharing child pornography. A forensic examination of Otting’s laptop computer, cellular phone and hard drive revealed numerous still images and videos depicting prepubescent minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. More than 600 images of child pornography were located on Otting’s laptop and cellular phone combined.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers