|Published:||Oct 03, 2012 3:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2012 5:28 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Grand Jury indicted Dustin Jaye on one count each of First Degree Murder, First Degree Burglary while Armed and Cruelty to Animals on Wednesday in relation to the death of Debra Striano in July and the injury to her dog.
On July 24, Jaye broke into Striano's home on the 17000 block of Oakmont Ridge Circle, robbed her and slit her throat. Her dog was also stabbed in the chest, but he survived.
Jaye's uncle, Billy Ray Retherford, also participated in the crimes, but he fled authorities and was fatally shot by a task force on August 8.
Officers located and confronted Retherford based on a tip. Retherford aimed a firearm at the task force officers, at which time he was shot and killed.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing