|Published:||Oct 03, 2012 11:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2012 11:06 AM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say one person is dead after a Tri-Rail train crashed into a car in Delray Beach.
The crash happened Wednesday morning in Palm Beach County. Delray Beach police say the car's driver apparently tried to bypass the gate at the train track as the train approached. They believe only one person was in the car.
The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/PvHzvo ) reports that students heading to Dreyfoos School of the Arts in West Palm Beach were among the 200 passengers on the train.
No one on the train was injured, but Delray Beach police spokeswoman Nicole Guerriero says passengers must remain on the train until the investigation is completed. She says that could take hours.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis