|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 11:18 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies are searching for the suspect(s) responsible for burglarizing Lee County Health Department in Lehigh Acres.
The first employee arrived on site at 6:40 a.m. on Monday. When she attempted to unlock the door, she realized it was already unlocked. She turned on the lights and noticed things were amiss in the lobby, so she called LCSO.
Deputies arrived on the scene with canines
Virtually every office had been entered and either had items stolen from them or had been ransacked. Flat screen TVs, printers, hard drives and monitors were stolen. Items that were fastened to the walls had been physically torn from them.
The rear door had been pried open and wood had been removed until the deadbolt was not secure. The suspect(s) unlocked the front door and exited that way.
DNA samples were taken and employees were interviewed.
The investigation continues.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death