|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 11:18 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies are searching for the suspect(s) responsible for burglarizing Lee County Health Department in Lehigh Acres.
The first employee arrived on site at 6:40 a.m. on Monday. When she attempted to unlock the door, she realized it was already unlocked. She turned on the lights and noticed things were amiss in the lobby, so she called LCSO.
Deputies arrived on the scene with canines
Virtually every office had been entered and either had items stolen from them or had been ransacked. Flat screen TVs, printers, hard drives and monitors were stolen. Items that were fastened to the walls had been physically torn from them.
The rear door had been pried open and wood had been removed until the deadbolt was not secure. The suspect(s) unlocked the front door and exited that way.
DNA samples were taken and employees were interviewed.
The investigation continues.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case