|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 11:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 5:53 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A big name in the Republican party made a stop in Naples today. House Speaker John Boehner spoke to a crowd as he campaigned for Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The stage is coming down at the Republican headquarters in Collier County, after the speaker's appearance Tuesday morning. Dozens of people braved the rainy weather to catch a glimpse of Boehner. The Republican told the crowd this election is about the economy, and candidate Mitt Romney understands what it takes for job growth in our country.
He also shook hands with some campaign volunteers.
Boehner calls this the biggest election of our lifetime and expects big things from Romney at tomorrow night's debate.
The Speaker's comments were brief. The whole event wrapped up in about a half hour.
Republican Congressional Candidate Trey Radel was also on hand to introduce the speaker.
One supporter at the event said, "I've always admired John Boehner and just wanted to come and get a little umph behind his campaign, we need to win this election. I think the country is down the tubes if we don't win."
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center