|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 11:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 5:53 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A big name in the Republican party made a stop in Naples today. House Speaker John Boehner spoke to a crowd as he campaigned for Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The stage is coming down at the Republican headquarters in Collier County, after the speaker's appearance Tuesday morning. Dozens of people braved the rainy weather to catch a glimpse of Boehner. The Republican told the crowd this election is about the economy, and candidate Mitt Romney understands what it takes for job growth in our country.
He also shook hands with some campaign volunteers.
Boehner calls this the biggest election of our lifetime and expects big things from Romney at tomorrow night's debate.
The Speaker's comments were brief. The whole event wrapped up in about a half hour.
Republican Congressional Candidate Trey Radel was also on hand to introduce the speaker.
One supporter at the event said, "I've always admired John Boehner and just wanted to come and get a little umph behind his campaign, we need to win this election. I think the country is down the tubes if we don't win."
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect