|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 7:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 7:14 AM EDT|
WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Police say four men have been charged in a shooting outside a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in central Florida that killed two people and critically wounded another.
Winter Springs Police Lt. Doug Seely says members of the Warlocks motorcycle club were meeting Sunday morning at the VFW for a charity ride when other bikers showed up. Gunfire erupted shortly afterward.
Killed in the gunfire were Harold Liddle and Peter Schlette. David Jakiela was hospitalized in critical condition.
Seely says Victor Amaro, Robert Eckert, David Maloney and Paul Smith each face two counts of homicide and one count of attempted homicide. All were held without bail.
Seely says authorities were still trying to determine a motive. Police officers have confiscated multiple weapons.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic