|Published:||Oct 02, 2012 2:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2012 3:35 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- UPDATE: As a result of several anonymous tips called in to Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers, detectives have identified two individuals who have been named persons of interest in the theft of credit cards which were subsequently used in a series of fraudulent purchases.
Dustin Oran Ballentine, 28, and Jordan Nicole Cullen, 23, are both being sought for questioning in the September 14th case, in which stolen credit cards were used at area businesses.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Ballentine and Cullen are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Anonymous tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting tips to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a couple that fraudulently used credit cards stolen during a vehicle burglary.
On September 14, 2012 deputies responded to a report of a vehicle burglary on the 9000 block of Estero River Circle, Estero. The victim discovered the burglary after receiving a call from the bank regarding numerous fraudulent charges on her credit cards.
The investigation revealed the suspects made purchases in Fort Myers, the Edison Mall and Cape Coral. They purchased two Ipads for over $500 each at Target in Cape Coral.
Detectives assigned to the case were able to obtain video of a male and a female involved in the fraudulent credit card usage. The photos of the couple are attached to this press release.
Anyone with information on the identity of these thieves is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 239-477-1000, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic