|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 6:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 7:06 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- On July 2nd, the USS Mohawk Coast Guard Cutter was scuttled off the Lee County coastline to become an artificial reef.
Helping the environment and tourism in Southwest Florida, the Mighty Mo is thriving with life, just three months after sinking.
The 32 mile journey to the dive site takes about two and a half hours. Meteorologist and Advanced Diver Katie Walls discovered the boat ride is almost as exciting as the dive itself.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- New home industry really coming back?
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys