|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 4:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 5:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County investigators said Jose Corea relocated to Florida and assumed a new identity. He was living on 5th Avenue under the alias Angel Alfredo Ortega Garcia. After being a fugitive for six years, Lee County deputies got a tip that he was hiding out in Pine Manor.
The Public Information Officer for the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Tony Schall, said, "Even after he gave us a bogus name we were able to check fingerprints from a previous arrest and get with NJ authorities and determine he wasn't who he was telling us who he was. He was in fact Mr. Corea."
The 52-year-old was wanted for aggravated sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
Schall said it's police work at its best, "It is another good arrest and another thug off our streets."
Corea is behind bars at the Lee County jail with no bond. He will go before a judge October 16th.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute