|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A New Jersey fugitive is behind bars after having assumed a new identity in Lee County. Lee County deputies received a tip that Jose Corea was living in Fort Myers.
Shortly after 8:30 p.m. on September 30, deputies converged on 5544 Fifth Avenue and located a man who identified himself as Angel Alfredo Ortega Garcia. The Atlantic County Sheriff's Office in New Jersey was contacted and provided a photo as well as a copy of the finger print card from his original arrest.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office was able to positively match the finger prints to Corea.
Corea, 50, had been a fugitive from New Jersey for six years. Corea was indicted in New Jersey on charges of Aggravated Sexual Assault and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before