|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 11:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 4:58 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives and the State Fire Marshal continue their investigation into the Saturday evening fire reported at 8:15 p.m. at the rear of Kallis German Butcher Shop, at 2420 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte.
CCSO sent out a press release early Sunday morning with two surveillance videos taken from two businesses that showed four boys on bicycles riding in the alley at the rear of the stores. Detectives wanted to talk to the boys to see if they may have witnessed anything while riding their bicycles in that area.
CCSO received a tip from a person who saw the videos on television and identified two of the boys. Detectives responded to their home and also learned the identity of the two others. All four were interviewed and released. Detectives are waiting results from the State Fire Marshal on a possible accelerant and are not releasing any further details at this time as the investigation continues.
If anyone has information about this fire, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101; the State Fire Marshal Arson Tip Line at 877-662-7766; or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified