|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 11:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 4:58 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives and the State Fire Marshal continue their investigation into the Saturday evening fire reported at 8:15 p.m. at the rear of Kallis German Butcher Shop, at 2420 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte.
CCSO sent out a press release early Sunday morning with two surveillance videos taken from two businesses that showed four boys on bicycles riding in the alley at the rear of the stores. Detectives wanted to talk to the boys to see if they may have witnessed anything while riding their bicycles in that area.
CCSO received a tip from a person who saw the videos on television and identified two of the boys. Detectives responded to their home and also learned the identity of the two others. All four were interviewed and released. Detectives are waiting results from the State Fire Marshal on a possible accelerant and are not releasing any further details at this time as the investigation continues.
If anyone has information about this fire, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101; the State Fire Marshal Arson Tip Line at 877-662-7766; or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school