|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 11:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 11:51 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested three Port Charlotte juveniles Saturday in connection with a burglary and theft of a $2,500 Yamaha dirt bike. A 14-year-old, a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old were charged with Burglary and Grand Theft of a Motor Vehicle.
Saturday, CCSO received a call at 8:48 a.m. reporting unknown persons entered his detached garage and stole his dirt bike; deputies responded to the 17300 block of Iago Avenue. At 1:00 p.m. an anonymous tip was received by the Sheriff’s Office indicating the dirt bike may be located on the 300 block of Kindred Boulevard and the thief possibly lived next door. Deputies went to the vacant home and saw a rear sliding door wide open and the dirt bike located inside.
Detective researched the address and found the 16-year-old suspect lives there and is currently on juvenile probation for previous arrests. The juvenile's mother told detectives that the other suspects had spent the night with her son. All three boys were finally contacted and probable cause was determined that the three had stolen the dirt bike and hid it in the vacant home.
All three were arrested and taken to the Charlotte County Jail; this is the third booking for the 16-year-old suspect; second for the 14-year-old suspect, and first for the 15-year-old. All three were released to the custody of their parents and given notices to appear in court.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms