|Published:||Sep 30, 2012 8:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2012 8:59 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are asking the public for help in identifying four male juvenile boys who may have information pertaining to an arson fire in Port Charlotte Saturday night.
CCSO received a call at 8:15 p.m. Saturday when neighbors observed flames coming through the roof of Kallis German Butcher Shop, 2420 Tamiami Trail.
When deputies and Charlotte County Fire Department arrived, flames were shooting 15 feet into the air. When CCFD extinguished the fire, CCSO detectives obtained video surveillance from a neighboring business that showed four boys on bicycles leaving the area at the rear of Kallis German Butcher Shop heading south toward CVS at the corner of Tamiami Trail and Midway Boulevard.
Detectives want to talk to the boys to see if they may have witnessed anything about the time of the arson fire.The State Fire Marshal was called to the scene to determine the exact cause of the arson. There were no injuries.
CCSO detectives say they are attempting to make contact with the boys as they may have information pertaining to the arson investigation. The boys on bicycles are described as follows:
#1 Brown Hair, green shirt, blue jean shorts, riding a 26 inch bike.
#2 Wearing dark gray shirt, jeans and shorts, possibly a 24 inch bike.
#3 Brown hair, wearing a white muscle shirt and shorts, riding a 20 inch bike.
#4 Blond hair, dark shorts, blue shirt, riding a BMX style bike.
If anyone has information about the fire or names of any of the four juvenile boys, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire