|Published:||Sep 30, 2012 9:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2012 9:43 AM EDT|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have confirmed that the body found inside a car in a central Florida retention pond is a missing Walmart worker.
Rose Bruce went missing after her shift ended at 10 p.m. Monday. Daughter-in-law Cathy Ryan also works at Walmart and says Bruce was supposed to return to pick her up about 11 p.m. When Bruce didn't show up, Ryan eventually walked home. She found the door unlocked and the apartment filled with smoke from dinner burning in the oven.
Authorities were waiting for autopsy results after they found the car Thursday afternoon.
Authorities don't believe foul play was involved. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.