|Published:||Sep 29, 2012 9:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2012 9:17 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola area woman has been sentenced to death for brutally killing a teenager in 2010.
An Escambia County judge sentenced 42-year-old Tina Brown on Friday. She was convicted in June of first-degree murder.
Authorities say Brown, her daughter Britnee Miller and Heather Lee killed 19-year-old Audreanna Zimmerman during an argument over a man. Zimmerman was repeatedly beaten and hit with a stun gun before she was taken out to a wooded area and set on fire.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/VWOjHg) reports Britnee Miller is awaiting sentencing after pleading to a first-degree charge in the same case. Lee received a 25-year prison sentence after pleading to a second-degree murder charge.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans