|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 1:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla.- Emergency crews transferred 13-year-old Brandon Robinette to All Children's Hospital Friday morning, where he is listed in serious but stable, condition after being struck by a vehicle while crossing Chamberlain Blvd.
According to the North Port Police Department, Brandon was crossing Chamberlain Blvd. to his bus stop near Cartwright Lane, and did not see the oncoming Dodge Charger. The driver, 34-year-old Michael Thomas, braked and swerved, but was unable to avoid the collision.
Brandon suffered a serious injury to his left leg, just above the ankle and was flown to All Children’s Hospital for treatment.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft