|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 1:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla.- Emergency crews transferred 13-year-old Brandon Robinette to All Children's Hospital Friday morning, where he is listed in serious but stable, condition after being struck by a vehicle while crossing Chamberlain Blvd.
According to the North Port Police Department, Brandon was crossing Chamberlain Blvd. to his bus stop near Cartwright Lane, and did not see the oncoming Dodge Charger. The driver, 34-year-old Michael Thomas, braked and swerved, but was unable to avoid the collision.
Brandon suffered a serious injury to his left leg, just above the ankle and was flown to All Children’s Hospital for treatment.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks