|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 8:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Public Safety Director John Wilson retires today, after serving Lee County emergency management for 27 years.
This announcement was made to the Lee County Commissioners on Friday morning.
Additionally, Deputy Director Kim Dickerson was placed on paid, administrative leave while the internal review of MedStar operations continues.
Assistant County Manager Holly Schwartz will serve as Acting Public Safety Director. Deputy Chief Ground EMS Operations Manager Scott Tuttle will serve as Acting Deputy Public Safety Director.
WINK News will bring you more details as the story develops.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings