|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 8:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Public Safety Director John Wilson retires today, after serving Lee County emergency management for 27 years.
This announcement was made to the Lee County Commissioners on Friday morning.
Additionally, Deputy Director Kim Dickerson was placed on paid, administrative leave while the internal review of MedStar operations continues.
Assistant County Manager Holly Schwartz will serve as Acting Public Safety Director. Deputy Chief Ground EMS Operations Manager Scott Tuttle will serve as Acting Deputy Public Safety Director.
WINK News will bring you more details as the story develops.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents