GAINESVILLE, Fla.- University of Florida student Christian Aguliar has been missing for over a week.
Two hundred officers from across the state have descended on Gainesville in hopes of locating the 18-year-old. The heavily equipped officers brought horses, dogs and any tool that could help locate the missing Doral Academy graduate.
In the meantime, detectives are learning more about their suspect, 18-year-old Pedro Bravo. Police say they know Bravo bought a shovel and a roll of duct tape just a few days before Aguilar disappeared.
Bravo's roommate says he never did anything suspicious, but police have taken bags of evidence from Bravo's bedroom and detectives say more charges could be coming his way.
Police say Bravo confessed to beating Aguilar and leaving him somewhere near a wooded area, so officers are combing through every patch of brush. Gainesville detectives think Bravo knows exactly where Aguilar is, but is exercising his right to remain silent.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.