|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 8:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 5:40 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Three people where inside a house on the 900 block of Edison Ave. when a fire broke out shortly after 4:00 a.m. Friday morning.
The 17-year-old son woke up, smelled smoke and ran to his parents' bedroom. They woke up and all three jumped out of the window. The son ran to a neighbor to call 911.
The fire marshal determined the blaze started in the air conditioning unit in the attic above the garage and appears to be electrical in nature.
The house is not a total loss, but is uninhabitable until the damage can be renovated.
The Red Cross is assisting.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Dr. Burke giving last speech before retirement