|Published:||Sep 28, 2012 8:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2012 5:40 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Three people where inside a house on the 900 block of Edison Ave. when a fire broke out shortly after 4:00 a.m. Friday morning.
The 17-year-old son woke up, smelled smoke and ran to his parents' bedroom. They woke up and all three jumped out of the window. The son ran to a neighbor to call 911.
The fire marshal determined the blaze started in the air conditioning unit in the attic above the garage and appears to be electrical in nature.
The house is not a total loss, but is uninhabitable until the damage can be renovated.
The Red Cross is assisting.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis