|Published:||Sep 27, 2012 6:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2012 10:01 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - As the push to "Go Green" grows, businesses need to find resources and strategies to make the necessary changes to keep up. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is hosting the first Green Cleaning Expo in Lee County, Thursday, September 27 and Friday, September 28.
This is a FREE Expo designed to help the hospitality and healthcare industries, and also outsource custodial companies. Area businesses will be able to learn more about going green to meet customers' demands.
This is a two-day expo that includes: presentations by regional and national "Green Cleaning" experts, green product vendors with examples of green cleaning products, and education on becoming a Green Lodging Hotel in Florida.
The "Green Cleaning Institute" is also offering an 8-hour Green Cleaning Technician Certification course. You can register by clicking here. This educational class runs 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. both Thursday and Friday. This FREE course is a $250 value.
The Holiday Inn - Airport on 9931 Interstate Commerce Dr. is hosting the Expo. It is right off the I-75 Alico Road exit.
It runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer