|Published:||Sep 27, 2012 6:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2012 10:01 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - As the push to "Go Green" grows, businesses need to find resources and strategies to make the necessary changes to keep up. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is hosting the first Green Cleaning Expo in Lee County, Thursday, September 27 and Friday, September 28.
This is a FREE Expo designed to help the hospitality and healthcare industries, and also outsource custodial companies. Area businesses will be able to learn more about going green to meet customers' demands.
This is a two-day expo that includes: presentations by regional and national "Green Cleaning" experts, green product vendors with examples of green cleaning products, and education on becoming a Green Lodging Hotel in Florida.
The "Green Cleaning Institute" is also offering an 8-hour Green Cleaning Technician Certification course. You can register by clicking here. This educational class runs 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. both Thursday and Friday. This FREE course is a $250 value.
The Holiday Inn - Airport on 9931 Interstate Commerce Dr. is hosting the Expo. It is right off the I-75 Alico Road exit.
It runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs