|Published:||Sep 27, 2012 12:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2012 5:57 PM EDT|
EAST NAPLES, Fla.- Collier County Sheriff's deputies are searching for the suspect who robbed a Domino's Pizza delivery man at gunpoint on Green Valley Circle Wednesday evening.
Roberto Alvarez flagged down a deputy nearby, just after the incident took place.
According to the 49-year old, he was completeling a delivery at an apartment complex on Green Valley Circle, when he was approached by man with a gun in the parkign lot. The suspect demanded money and made off with $80.
Speaking through a translator, Alvarez, said, "He sat down on his car and the guy pulled a gun to his face and the guy was like give me the money and he was like wait give me a second and the guy grabbed him by the neck."
The father of three is thankful to be alive, "He didn't think that moment when he was struggling with him, but after he said I probably could of got shot there and he then thought and got scared."
The restaurant's General Manager saidsince 2006 this is the third time one of their delivery men was robbed at gunpoint. However the drivers are not allowed to carry weapons or even pepper spray.
The victim described the suspect as a man standing 6 feet tall, weighing 170 pounds and said he was wearing a white shirt and black shorts at the time of the crime. The victim estimates the suspect is in his 20s.
If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart