|Published:||Sep 27, 2012 10:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2012 10:21 AM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Broward County Sheriff's motorcycle deputy was killed in a crash in Pompano Beach.
The crash happened Wednesday afternoon.
Sheriff's officials say 47-year-old Christopher Schaub was flown to Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale after his motorcycle collided with a Mercedes-Benz at an intersection.
Sheriff Al Lamberti says Schaub's heart gave out six times before he was pronounced dead at 6:45 p.m.
Spokesman Mike Jachles says the driver of the Mercedes was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Schaub was on-duty at the time of the crash.
Schaub was a 22-year veteran of the sheriff's office. His son Timothy Schaub is also a deputy in Broward County.
Officials say funeral arrangements are pending.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- One person dead after early morning accident
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use