|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have issued a Silver Alert for a 79-year-old woman who hasn't been seen since leaving an Ormond Beach Walmart at the end of her shift.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/PZ24CE ) reports Rose Bruce left Walmart at 10 p.m. Monday and drove to her nearby apartment, which she shares with daughter-in-law Cathy Ryan.
Volusia County Sheriff's deputies say Bruce was supposed to return to Walmart an hour later to pick up Ryan, who also works there. When she didn't show up or answer her cellphone, Ryan walked home. There, she found the front door unlocked.
Ryan told police the apartment was filled with smoke from dinner that was burning in the oven. Bruce's blue 1997 Honda Accord car was also missing but her purse and wallet were left behind.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate