|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have issued a Silver Alert for a 79-year-old woman who hasn't been seen since leaving an Ormond Beach Walmart at the end of her shift.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/PZ24CE ) reports Rose Bruce left Walmart at 10 p.m. Monday and drove to her nearby apartment, which she shares with daughter-in-law Cathy Ryan.
Volusia County Sheriff's deputies say Bruce was supposed to return to Walmart an hour later to pick up Ryan, who also works there. When she didn't show up or answer her cellphone, Ryan walked home. There, she found the front door unlocked.
Ryan told police the apartment was filled with smoke from dinner that was burning in the oven. Bruce's blue 1997 Honda Accord car was also missing but her purse and wallet were left behind.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral