ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have issued a Silver Alert for a 79-year-old woman who hasn't been seen since leaving an Ormond Beach Walmart at the end of her shift.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/PZ24CE ) reports Rose Bruce left Walmart at 10 p.m. Monday and drove to her nearby apartment, which she shares with daughter-in-law Cathy Ryan.
Volusia County Sheriff's deputies say Bruce was supposed to return to Walmart an hour later to pick up Ryan, who also works there. When she didn't show up or answer her cellphone, Ryan walked home. There, she found the front door unlocked.
Ryan told police the apartment was filled with smoke from dinner that was burning in the oven. Bruce's blue 1997 Honda Accord car was also missing but her purse and wallet were left behind.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond