|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 5:21 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- The City of Sanibel has been notified that between approximately 10:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 2nd, through 4:00 a.m., Wednesday, October 3rd, power will be temporarily interrupted to some central residences and businesses.
The power outage is estimated to last between 30 minutes to two hours. Please monitor the City's website at www.mysanibel.com, for updates if for some reason the project is postponed or rescheduled.
The purpose of this temporary power interruption is to accommodate the structural relocation of a historical property known as Shore Haven, from Bird Lane to the Sanibel Historical Museum and Village, located at 950 Dunlop Road. To facilitate the this move, it is necessary for LCEC to temporarily disconnect power lines along the moving route.
24-Hour Contacts During Operation:
Lee County Electric Cooperative: (239) 656-2300
Sanibel Police Department: (239) 472-3111
EMERGENCY Dial: 911
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact Mr. Alex Werner, President of the Sanibel Historical Museum and Village at (239) 472-8871, or Sanibel City Hall at (239) 472-3700.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space