|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 1:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 1:08 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida woman and her daughter were convicted in the 2011 death of the woman's husband.
The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/PFLY0S ) reports that 42-year-old Stephanie Lynn Hudnall and 20-year-old Guenevere Lynn Hudnall were each sentenced Tuesday to 40 years in prison for killing 51-year-old William Hudnall. He was Guenevere's father.
Prosecutors say Stephanie Hudnall was a manipulative mother who persuaded her daughter to kill him so they could get his Social Security benefits.
Officials say the women went to William Hudnall's home in Hawthorne in June 2011. There, they say, Guenevere Hudnall struck Hudnall with a pickax until he died.
The Sun reports that family members testified the women had tried to kill Hudnall twice before and had refused to call for help when he was having a stroke.
Information from: WUFT-FM, http://www.wuftfm.org/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP