|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 1:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 1:08 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida woman and her daughter were convicted in the 2011 death of the woman's husband.
The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/PFLY0S ) reports that 42-year-old Stephanie Lynn Hudnall and 20-year-old Guenevere Lynn Hudnall were each sentenced Tuesday to 40 years in prison for killing 51-year-old William Hudnall. He was Guenevere's father.
Prosecutors say Stephanie Hudnall was a manipulative mother who persuaded her daughter to kill him so they could get his Social Security benefits.
Officials say the women went to William Hudnall's home in Hawthorne in June 2011. There, they say, Guenevere Hudnall struck Hudnall with a pickax until he died.
The Sun reports that family members testified the women had tried to kill Hudnall twice before and had refused to call for help when he was having a stroke.
Information from: WUFT-FM, http://www.wuftfm.org/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.