|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputy shot a man after responding to an early-morning call near Tampa.
Authorities say deputies received a call early Wednesday about a man armed with a gun who was threatening to kill himself.
Deputies arrived at the residence around 3 a.m. and the man walked out of the house a short time later, still holding the handgun.
A sheriff's office report says one of the deputies feared for his life and shot the man.
The man was taken to Tampa General Hospital. Authorities have not released the man's name and his condition was not immediately known.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776