|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputy shot a man after responding to an early-morning call near Tampa.
Authorities say deputies received a call early Wednesday about a man armed with a gun who was threatening to kill himself.
Deputies arrived at the residence around 3 a.m. and the man walked out of the house a short time later, still holding the handgun.
A sheriff's office report says one of the deputies feared for his life and shot the man.
The man was taken to Tampa General Hospital. Authorities have not released the man's name and his condition was not immediately known.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent