|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputy shot a man after responding to an early-morning call near Tampa.
Authorities say deputies received a call early Wednesday about a man armed with a gun who was threatening to kill himself.
Deputies arrived at the residence around 3 a.m. and the man walked out of the house a short time later, still holding the handgun.
A sheriff's office report says one of the deputies feared for his life and shot the man.
The man was taken to Tampa General Hospital. Authorities have not released the man's name and his condition was not immediately known.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project