|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 6:21 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a vehicle theft and multiple vehicle burglaries that took place Friday on Cross Creek Blvd. in Fort Myers. Approximately 19 victims' detached garages were pried into in order for the suspect(s) to get to the vehicles.
Charles Lyon was one of almost 20 residents who fell victim to would-be car thieves.
"I saw the door open. I usually lock it at night. But it was open so I knew there was somebody in there," Lyon said.
Many of the victims' are out-of-state residents and were not home at the time of the crimes, but at least four were able to speak with officers. Three of the victims stated nothing was taken from their garage or from their vehicles, but one person's red, 2006, Toyota Solara was stolen.
George Percheski was looking after his out-of-state neighbor's Toyota when he heard about the string of incidents.
"So I went a got the key to open it up and the car was gone," Percheski stated.
The investigation continues.
If you have any information, you are asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend