|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
RUSKIN, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a 19-year-old man was injured when he was ejected as his car overturned, trapping him underneath.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/OpsII7 ) reports Justin Lee Herbert Green was driving near Tampa Tuesday afternoon when he lost control of his car. The car veered into a ditch and overturned.
Rescue crews got the car off Green, who was in serious condition when he was flown by helicopter to the Tampa General Hospital.
FHP cited Green for careless driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays