|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
RUSKIN, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a 19-year-old man was injured when he was ejected as his car overturned, trapping him underneath.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/OpsII7 ) reports Justin Lee Herbert Green was driving near Tampa Tuesday afternoon when he lost control of his car. The car veered into a ditch and overturned.
Rescue crews got the car off Green, who was in serious condition when he was flown by helicopter to the Tampa General Hospital.
FHP cited Green for careless driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected