|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 6:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 7:14 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Lottery is selling the most expensive ticket ever in its nearly 25 year history.
The Lottery on Tuesday began selling a $25 scratch-off ticket that resembles the first "Millionaire" game launched back in 1988. The ticket will be sold between now and December as part of an anniversary promotion.
Lottery officials said the new $25 ticket has the best odds of winning of any of its current scratch-off tickets. There is $290 million that has been set aside for prizes - including 25 prizes ranging from $1 million to $5 million.
Those without a winning ticket will have an opportunity to enter a second-chance promotion also connected with the Lottery's 25th anniversary.
Some Republican legislators in the past have criticized the Lottery for selling high price tickets.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns