|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 6:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 7:14 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Lottery is selling the most expensive ticket ever in its nearly 25 year history.
The Lottery on Tuesday began selling a $25 scratch-off ticket that resembles the first "Millionaire" game launched back in 1988. The ticket will be sold between now and December as part of an anniversary promotion.
Lottery officials said the new $25 ticket has the best odds of winning of any of its current scratch-off tickets. There is $290 million that has been set aside for prizes - including 25 prizes ranging from $1 million to $5 million.
Those without a winning ticket will have an opportunity to enter a second-chance promotion also connected with the Lottery's 25th anniversary.
Some Republican legislators in the past have criticized the Lottery for selling high price tickets.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute