|Published:||Sep 26, 2012 10:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2012 5:03 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are searching for the suspect who robbed a Fort Myers CVS Tuesday evening.
Shortly after 11:00 p.m., deputies responded to a robbery at the CVS Pharmacy, located at 12255 South Cleveland Avenue. Upon arrival, deputies met with store employees and witnesses. It was determined that an unknown white or Hispanic male wearing a dark rain coat, light colored shorts and sneakers entered the store and demanded money from the cash register. The suspect then jumped on the counter and grabbed the money out of the register. The suspect fled the scene on foot.
No one was injured.
Deputies also reviewed video surveillance from the Marathon, located at 2101 Crystal Drive. The video reveals the suspect approached the Marathon and attempted, unsuccessfully, to enter the businesses prior to entering the CVS.
If you know anything about this robbery, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org via text to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD or through the TipSubmit app on any Smart phone.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space