|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 12:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 5:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday, September 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a suspicious person. Police learned that a 13 year old girl was riding her bicycle on Bell Street when a stranger, also on a bicycle, began following her. The stranger followed her all the way to a parking lot on Palm Beach Boulevard where she had to wait to cross the street. At that point the stranger got in front of her bicycle, confronted and threatened her. The girl began to fight the stranger. A Good Samaritan who witnessed the events stepped in to help the girl and the suspect fled the scene.
The victim, 13 year old Yasenia Montano, says she punched, kicked and scratched herself away from the suspect.
Montano claims he threatened to kill her, "he told me that he killed someone last night and that I was the next one."
The suspect is described to police as a Hispanic male in his 30’s, about 5’5”, skinny with short spiked hair. He was wearing dark basketball shorts with a blue cut-off basketball shirt. He had a cut on his forehead and he was riding a pink and blue bicycle. Police remind parents to teach children about stranger dangers and reporting suspicious activity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.