|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 12:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 5:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday, September 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a suspicious person. Police learned that a 13 year old girl was riding her bicycle on Bell Street when a stranger, also on a bicycle, began following her. The stranger followed her all the way to a parking lot on Palm Beach Boulevard where she had to wait to cross the street. At that point the stranger got in front of her bicycle, confronted and threatened her. The girl began to fight the stranger. A Good Samaritan who witnessed the events stepped in to help the girl and the suspect fled the scene.
The victim, 13 year old Yasenia Montano, says she punched, kicked and scratched herself away from the suspect.
Montano claims he threatened to kill her, "he told me that he killed someone last night and that I was the next one."
The suspect is described to police as a Hispanic male in his 30’s, about 5’5”, skinny with short spiked hair. He was wearing dark basketball shorts with a blue cut-off basketball shirt. He had a cut on his forehead and he was riding a pink and blue bicycle. Police remind parents to teach children about stranger dangers and reporting suspicious activity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained