|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 12:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 5:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday, September 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a suspicious person. Police learned that a 13 year old girl was riding her bicycle on Bell Street when a stranger, also on a bicycle, began following her. The stranger followed her all the way to a parking lot on Palm Beach Boulevard where she had to wait to cross the street. At that point the stranger got in front of her bicycle, confronted and threatened her. The girl began to fight the stranger. A Good Samaritan who witnessed the events stepped in to help the girl and the suspect fled the scene.
The victim, 13 year old Yasenia Montano, says she punched, kicked and scratched herself away from the suspect.
Montano claims he threatened to kill her, "he told me that he killed someone last night and that I was the next one."
The suspect is described to police as a Hispanic male in his 30’s, about 5’5”, skinny with short spiked hair. He was wearing dark basketball shorts with a blue cut-off basketball shirt. He had a cut on his forehead and he was riding a pink and blue bicycle. Police remind parents to teach children about stranger dangers and reporting suspicious activity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft