|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 1:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 1:32 PM EDT|
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - A Florida woman has been sentenced to more than two years in jail for selling prescription painkillers in Vermont and elsewhere.
Court records say 55-year-old Kristen Franco of Plant City sent pills containing oxycodone by Federal Express to a customer in Vermont between April of 2010 and July of 2011. The pills were prescribed to her by two Florida doctors. Federal prosecutors say the customer paid her with a Western Union wire transfer.
Franco also was accused of selling pills in Florida.
She pleaded guilty in March to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone and was sentenced in Vermont on Monday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans