|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
A plan to revitalize Immokalee through economic development was delayed, again.
This is the second time in two weeks Collier County commissioners could not agree on how to jump start Immokalee's economy. Commissioners asked the state for a six month extension.
In an email, before Tuesday's meeting, Immokalee leaders were told the state would be willing to grant them another extension.
The fight over Immokalee's Master Plan has spanned nearly a decade.
On Tuesday, people who worked tirelessly on the project hoped a new commission would bring new ideas to pass the measure.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search