|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
A plan to revitalize Immokalee through economic development was delayed, again.
This is the second time in two weeks Collier County commissioners could not agree on how to jump start Immokalee's economy. Commissioners asked the state for a six month extension.
In an email, before Tuesday's meeting, Immokalee leaders were told the state would be willing to grant them another extension.
The fight over Immokalee's Master Plan has spanned nearly a decade.
On Tuesday, people who worked tirelessly on the project hoped a new commission would bring new ideas to pass the measure.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound