|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 2:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 2:37 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- CROW, the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, has been awarded $10,000, due to a computer error in which an online competition erroneously announced the organization as winners only to rescind their announcement hours later.
CROW received 1,214 votes in the Community Giving Challenge and ended the competition in 215th place, among 2,500 organizations.
Chase Bank gave CROW the $10,000 grant in an effort to make up for the error.
Click here to visit the organization's website.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train