|Published:||Sep 25, 2012 2:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2012 2:37 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- CROW, the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, has been awarded $10,000, due to a computer error in which an online competition erroneously announced the organization as winners only to rescind their announcement hours later.
CROW received 1,214 votes in the Community Giving Challenge and ended the competition in 215th place, among 2,500 organizations.
Chase Bank gave CROW the $10,000 grant in an effort to make up for the error.
Click here to visit the organization's website.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape