|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 4:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 5:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A landscape business owner is out thousands of dollars in equipment. Someone broke into the storage unit for Advanced Turf and Landscape off Andrea Lane in Fort Myers and this wasn't the first time.
"We went in to go to work and it just set us back again," said Kevin Roskuski.
Roskuski spent 15 years building a business and in one night, most of his equipment was stolen.
"Two backpack blowers, weed eaters, edgers, four chain saws and four or five trimmers, just everything," said Roskuski.
The thieves cut the lock on the storage unit next door and broke through a hole in the wall.
"It's in the thousands and that's not even, the other stuff that I don't use on a daily basis that's just to get going and keep the business going," he said.
This is now the second theft in just a week so Roskuski parked his work truck in front of the storage unit to block the thieves from striking again.
Roskuski has already purchased some new equipment but he'll have to replace the rest over time. Detectives were not able to recover any fingerprints from the thieves and are checking storage surveillance video to see if it will provide any clues.
In the meantime...
"We're able to go out and continue on it just makes it a little more difficult," he said.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft