|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 12:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 12:06 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla.- A suspect in the Arcadia drowning death of a 17-year-old Tampa girl has been re-arrested.
Andrew Skevington was charged with Tampering with Evidence, in addition to the existing Manslaughter charge against him.
The body of 17-year-old Jerridedan Lakisha Bolds Froyer was found at the boat ramp in Nocatee after she drowned in Morgan Park earlier this month.
Froyer drowned after jumping from a bridge into the Peace River with her boyfriend, 28-year-old Mark Allan Huntley Jr. and 28-year-old Skevington. A witness said the victim was hesitant to jump, stating she didn't know how to swim, but was being pressured by her boyfriend.
The witness told deputies the boyfriend grew impatient and got on the ledge with the victim, pushing her into the river.
Skevington and Huntley fled the area.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing