|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 7:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 6:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers police are investigating the 18th homicide in the city this year. Officers responded to a shooting Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 9:57 p.m. at 2157 Davis Court. Officers found three male gunshot victims at the scene and they were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The victims have been identified as 19-year-old Paul Baldwin, 18-year-old Tommy Williams and 19-year-old Jamaris Williams.
Jamaris Williams died at the hospital.
Acting on tips from witnesses, officers located a suspect vehicle spotted leaving the scene. They found the pickup truck not far from the crime scene in the 2400 block of Dupree Street. The truck was reported stolen from another jurisdiction.
Detectives are still actively working the case. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. No further information available. Updates will be issued via e-mail.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads